- 4 cups whole milk
- 1¼ cups pisco or other brandy
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick cinnamon
- A few drops of orange flavoring essence (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Whisk the milk until frothy, then pour into a saucepan along with the, cloves, ground cinnamon, cinnamon stick, orange essence and ground nutmeg. Set to a medium-high heat.
2. After a couple of minutes, dissolve the instant coffee into the milk while it’s warming up, and continue to heat.
Step 2: Gradually Introduce Eggs to Heat
- Beat the yolks in a bowl for about a minute
- When the milk starts to boil, lower the heat to the minimum and remove one ladle of the milk.
- Add the hot milk to the yolk mixture and keep beating.
- Add the yolk and milk mixture to the milk on the heat, stir and allow to thicken.
- Take the heat to medium and allow to cook for another five minutes or so.
Step 3: Remove Heat and Add the Liquor
- Now take the pot off the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the pisco and the vanilla, and any more spices or sugar, according to taste.
- Strain out any lumps or bits in the liquid and serve with ice once completely cooled.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: cola, beverage, drinks