Fragrant spices of pho are essential to a flavorful and aromatic bowl of pho. This recipe makes 4 bags, each one enough to cook a large pot of pho for 4!
- 4 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 4 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 8 black cardamom pods
- 12 whole cloves
- 40 whole star anise pods
- 4x tea bag or other spice bag
1. On a small skillet, roast the spices over medium heat (with no oil) until fragrant, around 2-3 minutes
2. Let cool and transfer to spice bag. Store in airtight container for up to 3 months.
1. Use whole spices whenever possible instead of ground, for best flavor. Powdered versions here would make the broth a cloudy color instead of clear.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 3
Keywords: pho spices, spices for pho, pho spice