For the salad
- 6oz green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces, steamed
- 400g cauliflower – steamed
- 6oz beansprouts – fresh
- 12oz potatoes – cut into 1-inch chunks, steamed or boiled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1lb Cubes of deep-fried tofu, 1 inch
- Prawn crackers
- 5 cloves garlic, fried or roasted
- 5oz roasted/fried peanuts (or 1/2 cup of organic crunchy peanut butter)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 5 red chilies, discard the seed and stir fried/fried
- 1/2 tsp terasi (dried shrimp paste), toasted
- 1 oz coconut sugar
- 1–2 tbsp rice flour dissolved in a small amount of water
- Prepare the vegetables as necessary. Steam the beans, cauliflower and potatoes to be al dente. Allow to cool.
- Fry the tofu cubes until golden; hard-boil the eggs.
- Process the garlic, peanut butter, half of the coconut milk, the red chilies, the terasi and the coconut sugar in a food processor or blender.
- In a sauce pot, combine the processed mixture with the rest of coconut milk, stir and turn the stove to a low-medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Cook the sauce until it boils, the volume starts to reduce and the sauce surface looks oily. Add the rice flour mixture. Keep stirring until it bubbles and for another 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- To serve: first mix all the vegetables gently together. Plate up individual portions, with a heap of the vegetables at the base.
- Top with the salad toppings and cilantro.
- Pour the sauce over the whole thing. Garnish with a couple of prawn crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: Peanut Salad, peanut sauce, indonesian salad