Mint chimichurri sauce is a mixture of tangy, spicy, and bold flavors that quits a classic ingredient of chimichurri, which is cilantro.
The mint chimichurri recipe is a bright sauce made with fresh mint, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. It comes with no cilantro added to the sauce. Well, for mint lovers, this recipe is a gratifying treat with a strong mint aroma and flavor.
Chimichurri with mint boosts the taste of any dish you pair with it. In this post, we will be sharing a chimichurri with mint sauce recipe. A super simple sauce you can prepare in almost 15 minutes. No lengthy preparations are needed. Most of the time, the required ingredients are also present in our pantry. So do not wait longer. Let us begin!
Mint Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Chimichurri with parsley or cilantro is something we try now and then. For some people, these herbs are their favorite go-to condiments to add new flavors to any food whether grilled or roasted. Chimichurri with cilantro pairs well with meats, vegetables, kabobs, and rice.
However, in our present chimichurri sauce, we slightly shuffle the ingredients.
- The tangy flavor is reduced by cutting down the herb, cilantro.
- A little sweetness is introduced by adding mint producing a delightful flavor.
This is a no-cook recipe best for days when you are not feeling comfortable standing around the stove. Simply, chop the herbs, add oil, salt, and spices to the taste, and your delicious mint chimichurri sauce is ready to serve.
Here is quick know-how of all the ingredients you are about to add to your recipe.
- Grab fresh mint from your home garden or nearby stores. It has a small shelf life compared to dried mint. Fresh mint offers a more fragrant flavor meanwhile dried mint works just fine in most recipes. So better go with the fresh produce and enjoy its aroma along with the taste.
- The addition of extra virgin olive oil to your sauce is a healthy step toward a better you. It consists mainly of monounsaturated fats and antioxidants, which provide anti-inflammatory properties to our body. Go to online stores and purchase a high-quality extra virgin olive oil for your sauce.
- Another important flavorful ingredient is red wine vinegar. In addition to imparting a strong Mediterranean taste, red wine vinegar adds more complexity and depth to a recipe. Drizzle it over any kind of food and it will bring subtle sweetness and a mid-level acidity to your food.
- Parsley is a powerful herb loaded with vitamins and minerals. Some people may not feel like enjoying its taste, so they can skip it. Those who like it must add this herb to the sauce. It is commonly used to complement all savory recipes as it stimulates the taste receptors on the tongue and enables us to feel the exact flavor of a food.
- Garlic is also a powerful antioxidant used for centuries in food and medicine. As garlic is used raw in this sauce, it contributes a spicy flavor rather than nutty when it is cooked. This is the reason, garlic finds immense uses in marinating meats, dipping sauces, and salad dressings.
- Lastly, add kosher salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Already some ingredients are contributing much strength and spices to the sauce. So, be very careful while adding salt and peppers. Mix the ingredients well to uniformly distribute the salt and serve.
You may see several variations in chimichurri mint sauce recipes available online. Some prefer to quit parsley to make it gluten-free. Some love to add oregano to enjoy an earthy flavor. Meanwhile, some also add sugar to balance the spices.
You can also customize the recipe according to your own preferences. However, we have discussed below an exact recipe for chimichurri with mint. You may either go with the exact one or substitute any ingredient as per your likeness.
Chimichurri with mint is a delightful recipe that skips cilantro. It is made of simple ingredients present commonly in our pantry. So you do not have to go grocery to make this sauce. It also saves you cooking time as you simply need to chop herbs and add spices and oils to it. Chop all the ingredients; garlic, parsley, and mint.
Add red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Add red wine vinegar for a strong Mediterranean flavor and olive oil for good fat richness. And here is your fresh, aromatic, and mouth-watering sauce ready to serve. Either serve it immediately or store it in the refrigerator for later use.Print